Monday, March 26, 2012

Draw Something


Title: Draw Something
Platform Played On:
 iPhone
Release Date:
 February 1, 2012
Date Played:
 March 2012
Time Played:
 1 hour
Completed (Y/N): N?A

Score: 3/5

Opinion:

Draw something is part of the barrage of "with friends" games. It seems like at this point there is a *insert anything imaginable* with friends on the iOS. From solitare to poker to scrabble to chess... you name it. Draw Something is the same idea but with Pictionary.

Draw Something is a great idea, and is enjoyable. However I found myself constantly struggling with the interface and navigation. For whatever reason the developer chose to use a proprietary log in system that fails half the time and gives errors. Matchmaking leaves a lot to be desired as well, I could not for the life of me connect with my girlfriend's iPad to play a game. It just kept telling me that the game already existed even though it didnt. All of these things could have been avoided by simply using Game Center for logging in and matchmaking.

Draw something is cool, and enjoyable when it works. I had a lot of issues with it that might get fixed in the future. There is a free version on the app store, so if you are into "with friends" games, there is no reason to not give Draw Something a shot.

No comments: