Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Burnout: Revenge


Title: Burnout: Revenge
Platform Played On: PlayStation 2
Release Date: September 13, 2005
Date Played: June 2006 - June 2007
Time Played: 40+ hours
Completed (Y/N): Yes
Score: 5/5

Opinion:

I associate Burnout Revenge with gaming during my senior year at UCI. Me and my friend Jeff would take turns beating races and getting best scores in crash mode. It was an absolutely blast of a time.

I've always wanted to play Burnout games; however I didn't have a PS2 and EA was not releasing Burnout games on PC. So when I did finally manage to get a PS2, Burnout: Revenge was one of the first games I popped in.

Burnout Revenge improved quite a bit from its predecessor (Burnout 3: Takedown) on all fronts (Crash mode is better, cars handle and look better, tracks are more diverse and interesting) and overall is an amazing package. The races are laid out in a fun and interesting way, the soundtrack sets the perfect mood, and the graphics are stunning. All of these combined create an unforgettable experience.

I still visualize rushing in between buildings, taking shortcuts and spinning out the opposition as Incubus' Anna Molly track is playing in the background. Speaking of music, dear EA my hat is off to you for putting together the absolutely perfect soundtrack for this game.

Since Burnout Revenge we have seen Burnout Paradise, a next generation version of Burnout; however, Burnout Revenge is still worth checking out for its incredibly fun Crash mode, which was taken out of Paradise. If you like it when cars and explosions appear in the same sentence definitely check out Burnout Revenge, it is available on current generation of consoles (360/PS3) with improved graphics. Sure it will not look nearly as good as Paradise, but it still looks pretty good, and if you can look past that I think you will have a lot of fun crashing cars and 0wning n00bs in Burnout Revenge.



No comments: